For a detailed course description, please watch the video.
For a brief rundown of the classes, please scroll down.
Working closely with their students, Maria Gobetti & Tom Ormeny teach the Meisner basics technique on an individual basis – while also employing available video facilities. Classes are small – allowing only the best and most dedicated actors. This exclusivity is advantageous in that it gives all the actors an opportunity to work in every class.
“Learning how to act is hard work. You have to learn many techniques. But once you’ve mastered a technique, you can begin to really fly as an artist.”
The course of study includes basic, intermediate and advanced classes, cold reading and commercials plus an interview technique class. Gobetti also combines teaching with an active career as both a producer and director. Ormeny combines teaching with an active career as a director and an actor. They are both the Artistic Co-Directors of The Victory Theatre Center.
“As a director, you must cast actors who know what they are doing. This is especially true when working with new material – I need actors who have an experience level that makes it comfortable for them to collaborate with the director and playwright. I think if you are asking actors to bring their souls to the stage – you need to nurture the experience.”
As a member of the D.G.A., Gobetti and Ormeny have coached and directed at most of the major studios, as well as directing and project development at Hanna-Barbera, the Brillstein Company and Disney TV. She teaches at Cal State LA, LACHSA, The New York Film Academy, and of course at the Gobetti/Ormeny Acting Studio located in the Victory Theatre Center.
THE BASIC CLASS
This class has few real beginners and many professionals who are beginning the technique.
- The Meisner basics technique
- How to work with a partner
- Repetition exercises
- Working moment to moment
- How to break down a scene
- How to prepare
- Simple improvisations
THE ADVANCED CLASS
6 HOURS ONCE A WEEK
- Character analysis
- Advanced scene analysis and fast preparation is stressed
- Stage acting versus film acting
- Acting for the camera
- Audition techniques (scenes and monologues)
- Building a career
COLD-READING & COMMERCIAL CLASS
TWICE YEARLY. A professional must.
- Quick scene analysis and fast preparation
- Explore material from current television, film, stage and commercial pieces
- Pre-plan the opening and closing moment
- Pre-planned action choices are put to improvisational reading stresses
INTERVIEW TECHNIQUE CLASSES
3 HOURS BI-WEEKLY, OFFERED TWICE YEARLY.
Covers specific areas:
- What to wear
- What to ask
- What to share about yourself
- Coaching on how to form a relationship in a short period
- How to stay positive
- How to read an interviewer’s messages
- How to follow up on the interview
- Assertiveness vs. aggressiveness
- Attention paid to resume, pictures and wardrobe
Private Coaching is available. Please contact the studio.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR FURTHER INFORMATION AND UPCOMING CLASSES BY CLICKING HERE NOW.